Latest Press Releases
- A New Entry Stakes Out Low-Budget Film , The New York Times
- Pair bet on the future of independent films, Los Angeles Times
- Mary Dickinson and Charlene Fisher launch indie studio venture, Screen Daily
- Indie Film Studio Aims to Fill Void Left by Hollywood Pullback, Bloomberg
- Established Producers Join Emerging Indie “Studio”; 12 Movies Per Year, Distribution Guaranteed, indieWire
What is DFIS?
DF Indie Studios is the only independent studio providing 100% production financing, guaranteed U.S. Theatrical distribution as well as complete P&A support for productions budgeted under $10 million.
- Significant increase in box office since downturn in economy
- Dramatic decline in competition - no other studio producing and distributing product specifically in the under $10 million budget range.
- Reduction in film output from major studios and sharp decline in indie film financing/production
- Significant increase in recognizable, star talent wanting to work on films in this budget range due to: a dramatic increase in awards and nominations for small budget Indie films; talent wanting to try different genres for career development; the creative freedom of more pages shot per day and flexible scheduling of the resulting shorter filming periods.
Key DFIS Differentiators
- Box office proven producing partners
- 10-12 multi-genre films per year
- Fully staffed, in-house distribution team of industry veterans
- Guaranteed North American theatrical distrubution for all greenlit films
- 105% film budget risk mitigation
- Commercially viable films with recognizable talent
- Greenlight process includes distribution dept from first day
- Veteran management team
- $100+ million P&A revolver
Economic Stimulus Package
DFIS will be an economic stimulus package for NYC, other states, and the entertainment industry by generating 10,000-15,000 film jobs over 5 years 10-12 multi-genre films per year and pouring millions of dollars into local economies.