Latest Press Releases
- A New Entry Stakes Out Low-Budget Film , The New York Times
- Pair bet on the future of independent films, Los Angeles Times
- Mary Dickinson and Charlene Fisher launch indie studio venture, Screen Daily
- Indie Film Studio Aims to Fill Void Left by Hollywood Pullback, Bloomberg
- Established Producers Join Emerging Indie “Studio”; 12 Movies Per Year, Distribution Guaranteed, indieWire
Mary Dickinson has 20 years of experience in building businesses, investment and restructuring in the entertainment and sports sectors. She restructured and ran micro-cap media companies Teton Gravity Research (TGR). With extreme sports film production company TGR, she restructured debt with: banks, talent, and industry suppliers; secured representation with leading talent agency CAA; cut a mass market distribution DVD deal, developed multi-platform revenue streams; produced two NBC Primetime pilots with Ben Silverman’s television production company Reveille (producers of Biggest Loser, The Office, Ugly Betty); hired Aura 360 to secure and structure TGR's deal Jeep World of Adventure Sports TV series on NBC.
Charlene Fisher has 16 years of experience in business development and restructuring in the entertainment, sports and Internet industries. Fisher’s experience as both strategic planning and new business development consultant as well as well as CEO and president of small, cutting edge companies provides her with the operational and managerial experience DF Independent Studios (DFIS) will need to reach its greatest level of success.